Many Sellers believe that Spring is the best time to put their home on the market because of the abundance of Buyers. However, the next six weeks also presents its advantages in this market.
1) Demand is Strong
- The latest foot traffic numbers show that there are more potential buyers now than any other time in the last 12 months. This includes last spring’s flock of buyers.
2) Low Inventory = Less Competition
- Buyer Demand continues to outweigh Seller Supply of homes. In other words, it continues to be a seller’s dream market. However, more inventory is expected to come in the spring, at which point sellers will see less return.
3) Quicker Escrows
- Since most people buy in the Spring, Lenders and Underwriters are not backed up in the Winter. This means quicker contingency periods and quicker closes.
4) Good Time to Upgrade
- With home prices expected to appreciate over 20% between now and 2019 AND rates as low as 4%, there has never been a better time to secure your dream home.
5) Life Priorities
- If your current living situation is making you unhappy, it would be wise to take advantage of this seller’s market and low rates and make a firm decision. Take control of your own situation and live a happier life!
This Seller’s market will not last through the spring. In these market conditions, you can’t afford to wait. The people that sell next year will wish they sold this month.