Celebrating Independence Day in Marin County? There is something for everyone during this holiday weekend. The Marin Real Estate Team is getting excited for some great weather, food and fireworks!
Communities across the Marin observe the 4th of July in their own unique ways. Here’s what’s going on in our communities on the Saturday, July 4.
- The Marin County Fair (at Marin County Fairgrounds, Civic Center Drive in San Rafael) offers up what is pretty much Marin County's official fireworks display.
- Fair admission is $15–$17, and includes free carnival rides, exhibits, music, and more. This year's fair theme is "On With the Show".
- Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm every night from July 2–6. Fair hours are 11 am–11 pm.
- The Corte Madera-Larkspur festivities start off with at the 63rd Annual Independence Day Pancake Breakfast—at Larkspur's American Legion Twin Cities Post 313 at 500 Magnolia Avenue.
- The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under, with famous 1928 recipe gin fizzes and the Post 313 Renowned Mimosa for $5 each.
- Breakfast is from 8–11 am; flag raising ceremony at 7:45 am.
- Parade and Festival! Parade starts at 10:30 am. Accompanying festivities at Corte Madera's Town Park from 9 am–5 pm include arts and crafts, food and drink, carnival games, children's activities, bounce houses, and stage shows.
- The town of Ross celebrates the 4th of July at its annual parade and picnic on the Ross Common. Festivities begin at 11 am with a one-of-a-kind parade followed by a picnic lunch and old fashioned games. Food trucks will offer a tasty selection of fare for lunch.
- Sausalito's Fireworks Extravaganza takes place at Gabrielson Park from 6:30–9:30 pm
- Start the 4th of July off with the Woodacre firefighters' pancake breakfast from 7 to 11 am at the Woodacre Fire Station, 33 Castle Rock Road. Breakfast is $10 for adults; $7 for children under 8
- One of the best ways to see the San Francisco fireworks display is from the Bay! The Angel Island Tiburon Ferry offers its annual 4th of July fireworks cruise—a tradition for over 24 years. The cruise begins boarding at 8 pm and departs at 8:30 pm from the Tiburon ferry dock off Main Street, and returns after the show at approximately 10:30 pm. Tickets are $75 for adults, $55 for children ages 5–12, and free for children under 5
Wishing you a safe and fun holiday!
-Marin Real Estate Team