Every January, our brokerage, Decker Bullock Sotheby’s International Realty, releases a very thorough and comprehensive report detailing the past year’s statistics. The 2014 Marin Market Report is now available and ready to be sent off to interested parties.
Highlights from the 2014 Marin Market:
- Single Family and Condo average sale price was $1.19 Million county-wide, just a hair under 2007 peak average of 1.2 Million. Average sales price for just Single Family Homes was $1,376,407.
- Largest sale in 2014 occurred in Kentfield for $12,250,000, trailed closely by Belvedere’s $12,000,000 sale.
- Average Days On Market was 59 county-wide. The most active markets included with Corte Madera, Fairfax, Larkspur, and Mill Valley, all having average DOM between 45-48 Days.
- Marin experienced a 16% rise in year-over-year average sales price (keep in mind this number is slightly inflated by a few very monumental sales in 2014). Highest appreciation occurred in Tiburon, Mill Valley, and Fairfax with 26%, 23%, and 21% respectively.
- Highest average price per square foot was, you guessed it, Belvedere with $1101/sq ft. The lowest was Novato with $362/sq ft.
This report is truly a fantastic guide for Buyers and Sellers alike. If anyone would like this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
Alex Narodny, Real Estate Agent